Saturday 31 October 2009

Happy Halloween London!!

Halloween Cake

Halloween has always been my favourite holiday. Perhaps it always brings me back to my suburban Californian childhood, but the dressing up, the candy, the fake blood, the scary movies, the excuse to scare the daylights out of people...never ending fun in my book. My inner child couldn't be happier.

Unlike other holidays that are steeped in tradition, family, religion and obligatory consumerism, for me Halloween is just about good old fashioned childish fun. I am sure it has deeper meaning somewhere in the world, but I love to celebrate it for the Autumnal fun that it is. And of course, the eating of sweets, cakes, candied apples and gummy eyeballs with reckless, nausea inducing abandon!

So, however you are spending this All Hallow's Eve, we hope it is filled with joy!

No comments: