Monday 19 October 2009

American Thanksgiving Pumpkin and Pecan Pies

When the leaves start to turn their magnificent colors and the wind turns chilly, I automatically starting thinking of pie! Perhaps my internal yankee holiday clock sets off the alarm, but right now nothing will do but Pumpkin everything!

Next month Americans will be celebrating Thanksgiving, a holiday which we can all get behind as it has nothing to do with shopping and gifts but family, friends, happiness and of course, food!!

If you are celebrating Thanksgiving in London this year, we have the pies for you!

Classic Pumpkin Pie



Classic Pecan Pie

Bittersweet Bakers

1 comment:

Louise Rayfield said...

Further to my comments below - Arianna made one of her pecan pies for me to eat with my friends whilst I was getting ready for my wedding day and it was sensational! There was a little bit left which my husband and I polished off with champagne at midnight when we returned to our suite after the celebrations were over and we both agreed it was the best we had tasted (and I'm an expert as it's one of my favourites cakes / desserts)...